Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

error 376

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby alan green » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:20 am

I did a Windows 10 upgrade and now I am getting "portfolio file format error 376". We I click ok, it doesn't do anything and I can't even get out of the program. Suggestions?

Alan Green
alan green

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:00 am

Hi Alan,

If you keep clicking OK you may be able to get out of that loop. If not, you can use Windows Task Manager to kill Fund Manager. Once you do get out of Fund Manager you could either open one of the sample shortcuts to prevent opening your corrupted portfolio file again, or you could go into the registry with regedit to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Beiley Software\Fund Manager\CurrentVersion\miscprefs

and change the string value "lastport" to a value of 0. This is the option that controls whether your last portfolio file is automatically opened when you start Fund Manager. This setting is under "Options / General Preferences... / Data / Open Last Portfolio At Startup" in case you want to turn it back on when you are done.

It sounds like you will want to restore a backup from a *.FMB file. Use "File / Restore...". By default backups are stored under "My Documents \ Fund Manager \ autoback".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby alan green » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:24 am

Thanks, that worked.
alan green

Return to General