Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

FM screen layout

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby barnaby » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:10 pm

Every now and then when I open FM my various panels that I have in my screen layout are all minimized and overlapping in the top left hand corner of the screen. I'm not sure if this happens only every time there is a FM update or not. I have to then expand all the panels, resize, and re-position them.

It's annoying - how do I prevent it?
barnaby

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Hi barnaby,

When you open FM all the windows should come back in the same position/size as when you last exited. Is there a pattern you've noticed as to when this happens? Is it something you can reproduce somehow?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby barnaby » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:30 pm

Thanks Mark. Almost all the time there is no issue and the layout opens as expected - everything in its place.

I have no idea what is causing it, and I have no idea of any way to 'reproduce' it. So, the only suggestion from me is that I can note if I have just made any other changes to my PC or other software just prior to when this next occurs. That might give me a clue.

Which leads me to another question: can I save a layout, and have numerous saved layouts in FM?
barnaby

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi barnaby,

Sounds good. You can't easily save different layouts. The layout is saved as part of your portfolio file (*.mm4). You could create multiple *.mm4 files, but they store much more than just the layout, so keeping multiple *.mm4 files in sync with your other data would be hard.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby barnaby » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Thanks Mark - we will just have to wait then for the Gremlins to reappear.
barnaby

Return to General