Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

2016 upgrade, reports show N/A in totals

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby kabeljou » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:24 pm

I just upgraded to the 2016 version of the personal software. My reports do not show totals now. N/A is displayed where the totals should be.
kabeljou

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:26 pm

Hi kabeljou,

This will now happen by default if you have mixed currencies. See:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq ... encies.php
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby kabeljou » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:35 pm

Mark, I tried that but unfortunately it did not work. It only sort of works when I try the below. (I am using USD, GBP, and ZAR currencies if that helps.)

When I tried the following, the totals do appear, and look like they may be correct, but there is an "na" displayed in front of the end value

If you prefer to allow combining values from different currencies, you can turn on the option: "Options / General Preferences... / Other / Allow Summing Values from Different Currencies".
kabeljou

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi kabeljou,

Make sure any "exchange rate" type investments, and any investment assigned as an exchange rate under "Options / Currency Settings..." is assigned to the top-most/default currency. See "Investment Properties...".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby kabeljou » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:00 pm

Mark,

Still not working. Do I no longer need the "currency type" investments?

Should my foreign stocks simply be selected in that local currency and then that currency be defaulted to the highest default currency in the currency options?

I think something changed regarding how foreign currencies are handled in this upgrade.
kabeljou

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:45 am

Hi kabeljou,

From within a report that is showing N/A select "Help / Report Calculation Log...". That will explain any N/A figures.

You do still need exchange rate type investments for exchanging between currencies. That still works the same. Investments still should be assigned to their currency. Nothing about this part has changed. It is just that FM no longer will add "apples and oranges" by summing values across currencies, unless you tell it to do so with that option "Allow Summing Values from Different Currencies". When you turn on "View / Exchange Rate Adjusted" everything is displayed in the default currency, so then it can add the values.

Which report type are you in, and what field is displaying "N/A" for a total?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General