Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Moved Files, Portfolio Will Not Load

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby rrossME » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:29 pm

Hello,

When I first started using fund manager, each position that I created would create a small file on my desktop. Recently, I consolidated all of these files for individual positions into a folder to clean up my desktop, but now my portfolio won't load in Fund Manager.

Do you know of a way to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Robert
rrossME

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:34 pm

Hi Robert,

When you open your portfolio file, if FM can't find some of your investments you will be prompted to direct it to the new location where you moved them. This should allow you to open your portfolio file.

The other option is to use "File / Restore..." and restore from a recent *.FMB backup file. Fund Manager makes these for you automatically, or you can restore one you may have yourself. See "Options / General Preferences... / Data" for the location of the automatic backups. After you restore, you can use "File / File Operations / Set Data Location..." to move your data files to the folder where you want them stored, instead of on the Desktop. After you've used this command, you can then delete the data files that were on your Desktop.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General