Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Create a Cash Balance

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby ivor » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:50 am

hi, I am new to this software.

i need some help to understand:
1. how do i create a portfolio with an initial cash balance of $10,000?
2. after creating the initial cash balance of $10,000, and i have a buy trade, how do i get the software to recognize this buy trade value, and deduct accordingly?
3. when there is a sell trade, how do i instruct the software to divert the fund into the cash balance?
4. or when there is a withdrawal, how do i instruct the software to reduce cash balance?
5. any dividend distribution, how do i instruct the software to divert the cash dividend into the cash balance.

thank you very much.
ivor

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:38 am

Hi ivor,

1) Record a buy transaction for 10,000 shares at a price of $1, for a value of $10,000.

2 & 3 & 5) Assign this cash investment to be your "default cash account". You do this in the "Properties..." dialog of the sub-portfolio. From within the Portfolio Editor window, right mouse click on the sub-portfolio, and choose "Properties..." to make this assignment. For more detail on how to set up and track cash, see this tutorial:

https://youtu.be/K_OJEOWoqX4

4) Record a sell transaction. Keep the shares and value the same, and the price at $1.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General