Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

unable to retrieve transaction from TDA

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby thrombus » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Hi, I'm getting an error message retrieving transactions from my TD Ameritrade account. I have other accounts at four different institutions which are working properly. There is a pop-up window which gives me the following message:

Post HttpSendRequest
WinInet error code: 12157
I have double checked the un/pw and account number. Please advise, thanks.

Ray
thrombus

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:53 am

Hi Ray,

That error message means "The application experienced an internal error loading the SSL libraries". This wouldn't be affected by your recorded account number and password. Do you have Internet Explorer installed and updated okay on your system? What version of Windows and IE do you have? Are you using any antivirus/firewall type software? I just tested retrieving from TD Ameritrade here, and it worked okay, so either the problem was temporary, or there may be a configuration issue on your system.

Fund Manager uses a component of Windows/IE called WININET to handle the secure communications. If you're still unable to retrieve I'd try restarting your computer.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby thrombus » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:29 am

ah. I'm running Fund Manager in linux under wine, so I'm sure that's causing the problem. Funny thing is that my other accounts are retrieving without any issues.

This is the first wine incompatibility problem I've had. Will have to dig deeper into the WININET function when I have a chance.

Thanks for your response.
thrombus

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:36 am

Hi Ray,

Yeah, that is likely the problem. There are different versions of secure communication (SSLv2, SSLv3, TLS, etc). TD Ameritrade's OFX server may be using a specific combination your copy of wine isn't able to support.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General