Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Report settings

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby barnaby » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:59 pm

I want to set up a report to give me the $ returns
- today,
- this week,
- this month, and
- FY to-date.

What are the 'period' settings for these four components so that I set them once and they roll through each day without a need to reset the dates?
barnaby

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi barnaby,

You would set up 4 date ranges with Period settings for each of:

Today
1 Week
Current Month
Year to date

If you memorize this report, or save it as part of your portfolio you can easily recall it. When you memorize a report you are prompted for how to handle the ending/starting dates. Unfortunately, these settings apply to all periods, and you can only choose once. You have:

Float End Date
Start Date Relative to End

You probably want to float the end date, so if you open it tomorrow, the end date changes to tomorrow. You can control how the end date floats with "Options / Report Preferences... / Other / Memorized Report End Date Floats To:".

For the "Today" and "1 Week" periods you would probably want to keep the start date relative to the end, but for the "Current month" and "Year to date" you would probably want to stick with a fixed start date. Since you have to choose one, you could either pick one way, and then adjust the other 2 start dates after you create the report. Or, you could create 2 memorized reports, and split them so that in one report you float the start date, and the other you keep it fixed.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General