Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

OneDrive Problems - Any Suggestions

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby hipped1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:16 pm

I use the portable/cloud mode for the program and data files. When I installed FM I chose to use OneDrive as the location for each of the computers I use (two desktops at different locations and a laptop for travel). Everything worked great until the last few months.

I've noticed that the OneDrive program is now not reliably syncing the files like it was originally and I don't recall making any changes to the FM program or OneDrive. Changes made to investments on my computer (recording new transactions, price updates, etc) at the office are not synced to the cloud even though I close out and backup the files on the office computer before I leave the office. If I then access the program on my home computer or travel laptop, i am not opening the most recent data files and end up with two or more different versions of the same files once the sync finally happens. I would solve the problem by restoring from the most recent auto backup and then deleting the duplicate files.

I originally thought that this was my issue, perhaps leaving the program open on my office computer and then opening the files on my home computer but that is not the case. It also can occur on each of the three computers I use so it doesn't seem to be a computer specific issue.

Once I exit the program and backup the files, i check the OneDrive icon in my task bar and it usually indicates a message like "Processing Changes, last updated 6 hours". This corresponds to when I opened the program. The OneDrive status doesn't change unless I manually close OneDrive and then restart the application. Once I do that, it will upload the files to the cloud and everything is good.

I don't think that a forced close and restart of the OneDrive program is a very good solution as I would like to have this happen automatically as it did in the past. Has anyone else had similar issues with OneDrive and have you been able to resolve the glitch? Is there something I should check in the FM software?

If OneDrive is glitchy, is there another recommendation for portable/cloud mode I should try that would be more reliable?

Thanks in advance
Mark
hipped1

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi Mark,

If I understand correctly, OneDrive isn't automatically syncing your files as soon as they change? I'm not sure why that would be the case. I use OneDrive too, and it normally says "Up to Date". Have you checked your OneDrive settings? Maybe you are out of space? Maybe there is a network issue? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling OneDrive?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General