Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Mouse/arrows scroll causing crash of FM vers 13.8

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby fundman247 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:06 am

Hi Mark,

After updating to 13.8 I got the same problem. I created a new portfolio using the same investments and it takes a bit more scrolling but also crashes. Even if I scroll using the down arrow I get the crash. The only way is now to open the <<Investments>> pull down menu to move to other investments.
I have tried other portfolios and so far no crashes no matter how much I scroll up or down.

Regards.
fundman247.
Don't stay in bed....unless you can make money in bed - George Burns
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

Remeber and practise it!!!!!!
fundman247

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:21 am

Hi fundman247,

Please try this:

1) Make a backup copy of your data from FM 2014 using "File / Backup...". If you have multiple portfolio files, make a backup for each one. FM 2016 uses a new file format, so to go back you need these backups.

2) Install FM 2016 (2016.14.6 is the latest). Can you reproduce the problem with this version?

3) To go back to FM 2014 you can download it here:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/download_old_fm.php

and use "File / Restore..." if you saved any of your data under FM 2016.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby fundman247 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi Mark,

I have found it is only in one portfolio. After closing the investments I started opening a few at a time. This portfolio is much smaller with only about 25 investments. I then got to one file which drew a funny white box over the black background and removed that file but I still got the crash although I could scroll a lot more than before. I then found another investment which caused a crash the moment I open it.
I would think that it must be an investment causing the crash. I will work on it further before the need to go to 2016 version.

Regards.
fundman247.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

fundman247

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Hi fundman247,

Do you have any graph types open that use overlaid investments in the problematic portfolio? This was a bug fixed in 2016.14.6:

Bug fix: Changing investment stack order wasn't refreshing the portfolio/investment overlay graphs, so the overlaid investments could be plotted incorrectly, or the program could crash.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby fundman247 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:37 am

Hello Mark,
I did have some overlay graphs as I always compare the local index with my portfolio.

I have managed to track down an investment that was problematic and got the same investment on another PC that was 5 days old and just imported the last 5 days prices and all is working 100% since then.

Regards.
fundman247.

fundman247

Return to General