Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Quote Module 494 not digitally signed?

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby rbarrett » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:27 am

Hi Mark,

I've updated the Quote Module before by just following your prompts. Today I did the same with 494, now whenever I press PRC, I get a box saying that the Quote Module is not digitally signed and Please re-install Fund Manager.

Is that really my solution here?

Thanks,

Ray.
rbarrett

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:31 am

Hi Ray,

It sounds like you are running the 2014 version. You need to install an update we released recently. You can read about this, and get it from here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3812
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rbarrett » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:32 am

Hi Mark,

I've also had to shut down Fund Manager instead of leaving it running like I usually do. With my setup to automatically PRC, I now get message box on top of message box saying that the Quote Module is not digitally signed. I think in general you've fixed these message boxes from overlapping one another with other types of communications errors.

Thanks,

Ray.
rbarrett

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:36 am

Hi Ray,

If you install that update I mentioned above, this should fix this issue...
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rbarrett » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:39 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks, that worked great (as usual).

Sorry, I wasn't aware there was a manual update for 2014. Is this something people would be expected to read in the forum, or was there an email that I might have missed? I'm just trying to find a URL that maybe I should be reviewing to stay on top of things rather than pollute your support forum.

I guess when I upgrade to 2016 eventually then the updates are worked into the regular in-line update checks?

Thanks,

Ray.
rbarrett

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:50 am

Hi Ray,

Great, glad that worked. We didn't send out an email announcement about that 2014.13.8 release, like we normally do for new releases. It was a rather unusual release, in that we don't normally release updates to older versions, once we've released a new major update. However, in this case we had to because we commit to providing quote/transaction module updates for the last 2 major versions, and in this case our new code signing certificate broke the digital signature check being done in the 2014 version. You can find the latest 2014 version number listed at the top of the "Check for Updates" window. You would have to read that closely though, and then go to the download old version page to get it in the case of 2014 updates. In the new 2016 version you are now prompted whenever there is a new version available, just like you are for new quote/transaction modules. You can also watch in our "Announcements" forum, where we always post anytime there is an update available.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby moisesz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:02 am

hello Mark, im running FM on wine. However if i install the new update, i keep getting the not digitally signer error, and asks me to reinstall FM, is there any way around it?

Best regards,
moisesz

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:42 am

Hi moisesz,

Which new update gives you the problem? Are you talking about the quote module update, or the new 2014.13.8 version update? What version of Fund Manager do you have installed? Did you see this post:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3812
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby moisesz » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:04 pm

mark i installed 2014.13.8, but i still get the error. when trying to retrieve prices.
moisesz

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi moisesz,

What version of Windows is being emulated by wine? If you go look at the properties of both FM.exe and inteng13x.dll do you see the "Digital Signature" tab? If you hilight the "Beiley Software" signature, and press "Details...", what does it say for the status of this digital signature?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby moisesz » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:06 am

Hello Mark, its working now, what i did was override, the inteng13x.dll, so that wine bottle and wine would use your dll.

best regards,
moisesz

Return to General