Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Cash register issue

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby JohnG139 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi all, hope you can help.
I am experiencing some inexplicable entries in the cash register which do not allow me to reconcile with my broker statements.
Attached is a screen capture showing entries.

At the top is the data register for Ensign Energy.
Note all the entries are correct. The purchases are positive, and in black.
In the extracts from the margin cash register is negative, and red, the two sales are positive and black, but the last buy to cover transaction although correctly a purchase in the Ensign energy register (as the transaction dialog shows) turns up in the cash register, not as a redemption, as it should, but as a credit!
I have tried deleting and re-entering these transactions, but to no avail.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
John
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (52.13 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
JohnG139

Postby JohnG139 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:59 pm

Here is another anomoly:
Notice that sale of Agnico was recorded as a debit from both the Agnico eagle and the cash registers. The purchase of Proshares UShort Midcap 400 shaws as a credit to both registers.
Something is dreadfully wrong.
John
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (66.28 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
JohnG139

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:41 pm

Hi JohngG139,

How did these transactions get recorded? Did you manually enter, import, or retrieve? Is it possible you edited the cash transaction? The memo looks correct in the cash account (Bought 700 Ensign..), but the cash transaction is marked as a Purchase instead of a Redemption. This could happen if you edit that cash transaction. I would see if you can reproduce this by manually entering some test transactions to figure out what is wrong.

Did you check what you have assigned as your default cash account? Look at the properties of the sub-portfolio. Once you have the cash account assigned as you want, record a test buy and sell from some non-cash investment, and make sure the money gets removed/added to the cash properly.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby JohnG139 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:04 pm

Thanks,
Problem solved.
John
JohnG139

Return to General