Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

FINRA / SEC / Flexible/Variable Reporting

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby rrossME » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Hello,

My company is considering switching to Fund Manager in order to keep track of our portfolios' returns. However, my colleagues and I were wondering whether the system adheres to FINRA, SEC, or another reporting standard.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Robert
rrossME

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:15 am

Hi Robert,

The returns calculated (ROI and TWR) conform the the GIPS methodology. The methodology used for calculating these figures is from GIPS. GIPS also recommends when to annualize returns, and the default settings in Fund Manager conform to this standard (annualize when term is longer than 1 year, and do not annualize when less than 1 year). You do however have control over these options.

We have not gone through any 3rd party independent review, like FINRA.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rrossME » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the detailed reply. Just a couple more questions:

- We already have a large portfolio of positions that are currently tracked in an excel spreadsheet. Would it be possible to import this spreadsheet into the Fund Manager software, or would we have to enter it manually?

- Once we begin using the software, is it possible to export our portfolio data directly into excel?

- Lastly, do you offer any special rates for companies who buy multiple licenses? For instance, if we bought the Professional version for $295, would we be able to get a discount on a second license?

Looking forward to reading your responses.

Thanks,

Robert
rrossME

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi Robert,

- Yes you can import from Excel. You'll save out of Excel to a CSV file. See "File / Import / Transactions / Generic..." in Fund Manager. You can import from a CSV file using this command. Press the "Help..." button in this dialog for instructions/examples. This is a powerful but complex feature, so you'll want to read the help. If you have questions or need more help just let me know.

- Yes, see "File / Export / Transactions / Generic..." to export all your transaction data to a CSV file in any format you choose. You can also export all pricing data, or any report/graph data can be saved to a CSV file as well.

- Yes, there are discounts when you purchase multiple licenses. Just go to our online order page, and enter the quantity you're interested in, and you'll see the lower per unit prices reflected as you increase the quantity.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rrossME » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Mark,

Thanks again for the swift reply.

Per your last response, when I entered "3" into the online order form for the Professional version, the price was listed as $675, which is the price of three full units. The same thing happened when changing it to other order sizes. Am I doing something incorrect?

Also, assuming we would purchase three licenses, what would be the total price?

Thanks,

Robert
rrossME

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi Robert,

The cost of 3 Professional licenses is $675, or $225/license. The cost of a single Professional license is $295, so this is a discount of $70/license. Without this multi-license discount the cost would be $885, instead of the $675.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General