Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Invoice/billing

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby reddragon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:48 am

Is it possible to exclude certain security positions when calculating fees? For example, concentrated position they do not want to sell nor be charged on. Also the same for calculating performance?
reddragon

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:26 am

Hi reddragon,

You can exclude an investment from management fees under "Investment Properties... / Other / Exempt from Management Fees".

There is no option to exclude an investment from returns. You would have to move it into a separate sub-portfolio.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:56 am

I,m not sure what I did last quarter. But I followed your directions for exempting certain securities for billing and it seems that I have totally made them disappear from the account. I see no data from the securities I exempted for billing purposes. How do you bring them back?
reddragon

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:22 am

Hi reddragon,

Maybe you marked them as "hidden"? If so, you can show them by turning on "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios". You can then toggle the hidden attribute under "Investment Properties... / Other / Hidden".

If they aren't hidden, then you may have closed or moved the investment. You can re-add an investment by right mouse clicking on the sub-portfolio from within the Portfolio Editor, and choose "Open Investment(s)...".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:41 am

This is a continuation of this thread. I re-entered my positions and Data. I would like to exclude the three funds from billing. How do I do it without erasing the data? If you have any helpful tips please let me know.
reddragon

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:44 am

Hi reddragon,

For each of the 3 investments you want excluded from billing, go to "Investment Properties... / Other" and check the option "Exempt from Management Fees".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:11 am

Where is investment properties/other?
reddragon

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:14 am

Right mouse click on an investment. For example, use the Portfolio Editor window, and browse so you can see your investments in question. Right click on one, and choose "Properties...". The dialog that opens up has multiple tabs, and one of them is "Other".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:25 am

Ok, so when I am in properties it shows me several box's 1. Hidden 2. tax free 3. Ignore when reconciling. Do I click any of those?

Also shows me: Transaction entrance preference.

No fees
Percentage load fees
Commision fees

Which one should be checked for those? No fees I guess is defaulted to.

Accounting meathod- fifo

Then excempt from management fees. Does the box need checked?
reddragon

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:13 am

Hi reddragon,

Yes, for the investments you don't want factored into management fee billing, put a check mark next to: "Exempt from Management Fees".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:40 am

On the actual printed invoice how do you edit the wording of the invoice? My invoice starts out Hello,

There is no name like Hello Michael, how do you put name in?
reddragon

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:22 am

Hi reddragon,

To edit the text of the Invoice report, see "Options / Report Preferences... / Invoice" from within any report window. Notice you can insert fields in this text. Fields are displayed in double square brackets. For example, you may see:

Hello [[CLIENT_FL]],

where [[CLIENT_FL]] is the name of the client owning the sub-portfolio, displayed as First Last. You define clients, and their association with a sub-portfolio in the "Edit / Client List..." dialog. For more details, see our tutorial on working with clients.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:47 am

For one client I am printing an invoice and the name on the invoice Hello Michael does not match the name on account below ( Geraldine Smith IRA ). Can you help me fix this.

Thanks Jon
reddragon

Postby Mark » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:54 am

Hi Jon,

What field for name are you using in your Invoice report? To find out, go to "Options / Report Preferences... / Invoice". Look for something like:

Hello [[CLIENT_FL]],

If you are using [[CLIENT_FL]], this is the name of the client, displayed in the "First Last" format. It is not the name of the sub-portfolio they are assigned to. If you wanted it to display as the name of their sub-portfolio, use the [[SUBPORT]] field instead.

To edit the client name, go to "Edit / Client List..." and edit that client's information.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:06 am

Now I,m getting Hello ?, Basically no name. Does this have something to do client list?
reddragon

Next

Return to General