Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

quick general capability question

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby asgard60 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:45 am

Can the Fund Manager software do the following either in graph or report format:

1) Display total profit, realized profit, unrealized profit in % and dollar amount per stock/fund? for YTD and per year, 3yr 5yr and 10yr?

2) Break down realized profit in the form of long term / short term capital gains, dividends, interest etc.?

3) Display the portfolio allocation based on weighted morning star style such as large growth or foreign mid value etc?

4) Display the portfolio allocation based on weighted industry and sector breakdown such as service industry and healthcare sector? etc...

If yes to any of the above, can you please tell me whether it is in chart or report format or both etc.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!
asgard60

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:32 am

Hi asgard60,

Yes, Fund Manager can do all of this.

1) See the "Capital Gains" reports for realized profits. You can use a "Custom" report for the others.

2) The Capital Gains reports break down the gains into different terms (short, medium, long). Distributions (dividends, interest) are not automatically broken down into these terms like in the capital gains report, but you can create a report for any time period you want, showing all of your distributions for any time period you need.

3 & 4) Use the "Asset Type" and "Investment Goal" categories for this. You can define any labels you want for these categories, and then you assign the properties of each investment (see "Investment Properties...). You can then do both graphing and extensive reporting based on these allocations. You can get your allocation breakdown, and also do performance reports based on these categories. You can either report on the category itself, or report on investments in this category only, by using a report filter. There is quite a bit of analysis/flexibility here.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby asgard60 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:31 am

ok so i think i figured out how to make the custom report. Is there anyway to graph these things? Or would i have to import the custom report to excel to graph them?

Thanks!!
asgard60

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:39 am

Hi asgard60,

What items did you want to graph? You cannot graph every custom report field. The available graph types are all listed under the "Graphs" top level menu. There is no equivalent "Custom Graph", where you pick what is graphed.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General