Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

How to get rid of duplicate stocks in reports window

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Hi Mark,

I have a portfolio called "MyPortfolio2008" that contains my open positions. One day I was pulling up some reports, and when I tried to close the report window to go back to the graphs window, I ended up with a blank gray screen. So I exited this portfolio, pulled up another portfolio, then pulled this portfolio back up, and got the same blank gray screen. :( After fiddling around for a while longer, I decided that my portfolio had gone to computer hell, :evil: so I tried to manually reinstate the portfolio by opening each stock from the master portfolio database. I started with the first stock, AAPL, and when it wouldn't open after two tries, I gave up in despair :cry: and shut down the program.

A few days later I opened my Fund Manager program and "MyPortfolio2008" opened up, and everything seemed back to normal. :P But, wait, there's more!!! :roll: Now, when I pull up a report---any report---AAPL shows up three times, even though there is only one graph for AAPL on the graph screen.

So my question is this: How do I get rid of the duplicate AAPL entries on the report screen? :?: :?: :?:

Harriet
:oops:
Harriet

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:21 am

Hi Harriet,

I can explain what happened. If you close all of your windows, your portfolio and investments are still open. To see your data, just open some window, like the Portfolio Editor. When you save a portfolio, it remembers which windows are open. You can save your portfolio with no windows open, but your portfolio/investments are still open. When you re-opened the same investment again, you were getting another instance of that same investment. You should have received a warning about this when opening an investment that was already open.

To close any duplicate investments now, just go to the Portfolio Editor window, select the duplicate, and choose "Edit / Close".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General