Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

hidden investments

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby lvs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:11 am

Hi Mark,
For some reason, I can't un-hide sold investments (checking or un-checking the option doesn't change anything).
lvs

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:33 am

Hi lvs,

Where are you looking, and what option are you checking / un-checking?

To un-hide an investment, go to "Investment Properties... / Other" and turn off "Hidden".

Also, notice there is a menu command "View / Hidden Investments" which controls whether investments marked as hidden are displayed or not.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby lvs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:55 am

Also, notice there is a menu command "View / Hidden Investments" which controls whether investments marked as hidden are displayed or not.

Sorry, I was referring to the menu command.
Also, if the investment is hidden and I can't see it in Portfolio Editor, how can I go to that investment's properties to un-hide it?
lvs

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:10 am

Hi lvs,

To display hidden investments, turn on "View / Hidden Investments". You can then see all your investments, both hidden and not hidden. Now you can click on any investment, and go to the Investment properties to un-hide it.

You may want to also read this FAQ on hiding sold investments:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq_hide_sold.php
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby lvs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:23 am

To display hidden investments, turn on "View / Hidden Investments". You can then see all your investments, both hidden and not hidden.

I can't. Turning "View / Hidden Investments" on or off doesn't change anything. Sold investments remain hidden with the command turned on or off.
lvs

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:44 am

Hi lvs,

If you have "View / Hidden Investments" checked, then everything is being displayed that is open. How are you determining that sold investments remain hidden? Maybe they aren't open?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby lvs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:56 am

The *missing* investments have been opened, priced daily, sold recently, and hidden by me; however, they are not showing up now.
I keep independent records of all transactions as well.
lvs

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:00 am

Hi lvs,

If they are not displayed when you have "View / Hidden Investments" turned on, then they aren't open now, or maybe they are in some other sub-portfolio where you aren't looking. You might try creating a report without sub-totaling at your highest level sub-portfolio. You can then sort by Investment Name, and see if you can see this investment open in any other sub-portfolio. Do this with "View / Hidden Investments" on. If you don't see the investment listed, then it isn't currently open. You can re-open any investment using "File / Open Investment(s)...".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby lvs » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Thanks, Mark, for being so patient.
I was able to figure it out. Turned out, while I was re-organizing sub-ports, I was moving and deleting them with the View/Hidden Investments option off; as a result, my new sub-port contained only what I had moved (current holdings).
lvs

Return to General