Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Reports dialog box really slow to come up

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby jkheycke » Sun May 18, 2008 8:28 am

Something changed in the last month or so to where the Reports dialog boxes take a really long time to appear (like 8 seconds). Every other dialog box (e.g. Portfolio Properties, Report Preferences) comes up instantly, it's just the Reports dialog. It definitely wasn't like that the first few months I ran the program. It's not a huge deal, but it's kind of annoying.

thanks in advance, jens
jkheycke

Postby Mark » Sun May 18, 2008 8:45 am

Hi jens,

What version of FM are you using? Do all of the settings look normal once the Report Settings dialog comes up? Does it matter what report type you choose from the Reports menu, or if you edit the settings of an existing report?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jkheycke » Sun May 18, 2008 9:22 am

Professional Version 8.10
Quot Module 391
Transaction Module: 127

It doesn't matter which report type I choose, it takes about the same time. I don't see anything different in the dialog.

The Report Settings dialog comes up very quickly from an existing report.

thanks for you quick attention to this!

-jens
jkheycke

Postby Mark » Sun May 18, 2008 9:27 am

Hi jens,

Thanks. Would you be willing to run a debug version, so I can log the times each section is taking, and try to find out what is taking so long? If so, please go send us an email, so I can reply with the debug version.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Mon May 19, 2008 5:09 pm

Hi jens,

I just wanted to post the resolution here.

The problem is with FM. It tries to get some info on your printer when first creating a report. If your default printer is a network printer that is currently unavailable, it will take some time to timeout. This is something we can improve. We should really hold off getting this printer info until you actually print... We'll plan on improving this. If you have your network printer turned on, or default it to some other printer, this should be a work-around for now.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General