Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Hidden Investments

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby david » Wed May 07, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi
Have several sub portfolio within my Master Portfolio.All Investments that have sold and have no shares are hidden, now I want to reinvest/use some of those investments/symbols used in the past, when I select on View, Hidden Investments I can see them all, enter my new purchases today, after entering them, I click on the View, Hidden to get rid of the long list of symbols that still have zero shares BUT all symbols go hidden including the new purchases that not longer have zero shares.
What do I need to do, in the past after trying several times decided to just create a New Investment but that creates a long list of same equities.
David
david

Postby Mark » Wed May 07, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi David,

After recording your purchase in these investments you need to remove their "hidden" attribute. You can either manually remove this attribute under "Investment Properties... / Other / Hidden", or you can do it automatically for your whole portfolio by selecting "File / File Operations / Hide Sold Investments...". With this command you would want to check the option to "Un-Hide Non-Sold Investments", and this will remove the hidden attribute for anything that you own shares in over the specified date range. For some additional info on this, please read:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq_hide_sold.php
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby david » Wed May 07, 2008 4:17 pm

I believe I do that.
1) View check to see all hidden
2) select symbol with zero shares that I want to reinvest today, enter data as a Buy
3) View, uncheck the see hidden
AND this is when all symbols go onhidden INCKUDING the one I just purchased and has sheares on it
david

Postby david » Wed May 07, 2008 4:28 pm

Also, the File Operations will give only one choice" Hide Sold Investments
david

Postby Mark » Wed May 07, 2008 4:29 pm

david wrote:I believe I do that.
1) View check to see all hidden
2) select symbol with zero shares that I want to reinvest today, enter data as a Buy
3) View, uncheck the see hidden
AND this is when all symbols go onhidden INCKUDING the one I just purchased and has sheares on it

Hi David,

I understand. Just entering a purchase does not change the "hidden" attribute. You need to insert a step #2.5 up above where you right mouse click on the investment, and choose "Investment Properties...". Select the "Other" tab, and un-check the "Hidden" attribute.

The "View / Hidden Investments" menu command just controls whether investments marked as hidden are displayed or not. To actually change whether an investment is marked as hidden you must go to the "Investment Properties... / Other" dialog, or use the "Hide Sold Investments" menu command I discussed earlier.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby david » Wed May 07, 2008 4:32 pm

Wow magic (well,plain ignorance)
thank you Mark
david
david

Postby Mark » Wed May 07, 2008 4:40 pm

david wrote:Also, the File Operations will give only one choice" Hide Sold Investments

Yes, this is confusing, but despite the name of the menu command you can use this command to both hide and un-hide investments, based on whether they are sold or not. When you select this menu command you will see an option to "Un-Hide Non-Sold Investments".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby david » Wed May 07, 2008 4:42 pm

thank you Mark
David
david

Return to General