Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Accounts Reconcile Function accounts corrupted

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Glenn2 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Each month I do a manual reconciliation on my accounts using the Edit>Reconcile Function.
This month only some of my accounts are showing and some of these have balances which are equal to the sum of several other accounts. If I look at the Portfolio Editor all of my accounts are showing and have the correct balance but the Reconcile View has them all messed up. I have shown a subset of the problem in the attachment.
One thing I did do in the prior month was a major tidy up /renaming of the Account Symbols I use for my Bank Accounts. If this caused the problem then it does not explainn why some renamed accounts are okay.
Attachments
Capture.GIF
Capture.GIF (220.36 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
Glenn2

Postby Mark » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi Glenn2,

The problem is that you have those 3 investments with the same symbol. There is no such thing as an "Account Symbol", symbols are a property of the investment. When you reconcile, all the shares for a given symbol are summed up, and reconciled. Typically you would not have the same symbol for different named investments like you do there.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Glenn2 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Thanks Mark,
It's great having an expert like yourself ready to respond to this forum as simple mistakes with big consequences like this one can be identified quickly
and fixed almost as quickly.
Many many many thanks
Glenn
Glenn2

Return to General