Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Corrupted exe File Warning in 11.8 & 11.9

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby tcvisser1 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:02 am

I have been running on a WIN7 PC for some time now, but with an update to Personal version 11.8 I started to receive an error message that the executable was corrupt and to re-install it to prevent data corruption. This error has been happening also when I updated to version 11.9. A re-install fixes the error temporarily so I can use the program but the next time I try to launch Fund Manager I get the same error message. I just went back to version 11.4 and that seems to be OK. My data files are in a MY Document folder on a separate partition. Any ideas on what I should try?

Tim V.
tcvisser1

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi Tim,

I would suggest re-downloading the setup for 11.9 from our website. Re-install from this fresh download. Make sure that both the downloaded setup program and the installed Fm.exe file are digitally signed, and that the digital signature has an OK status. You can right mouse click on the file, and choose "Properties...", and look at the "Digital Signatures" tab. Select the one digital signature, and choose "Details..." to verify that the digital signature is OK. If you get the corrupt message again later, re-check the Fm.exe to see if the digital signature is OK. If not, you may have a virus modifying the Fm.exe file. Also, make sure you only have 1 version of Fund Manager installed.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General