Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Unable to download from Fidelity

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby sollner » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Hello Mark,

I am having the same trouble that you helped me with a long while back: when I try to download account information or reconcile with my Fidelity accounts, I usually get an error message:
Missing ACCTINFORS in reply.
I say usually because sometimes it seems to go normally, but even then not all the account information is downloaded.

The last time I had this problem it was Fidelity working on their server, but now they claim everything should be fine. Then, I believe you asked for some log files. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Gerry
sollner

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:19 am

Hi Gerry,

Please take a look at the ofxretr.txt and xmldump.txt files. You can find instructions for creating and locating these log files at the bottom of this page:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/tintrtv.html

You might compare these log files between when you get a working retrieve versus when you get this error message. My guess is there is some sort of error coming back from their OFX server when you get that error message. If you'd like help looking at the log files, you can email them to us.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sollner » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi Mark,

The connection to Fidelity worked long enough this evening for me to reconcile my accounts, but then it stopped working. Oddly, when I got the error message of Missing ACCTINFORS in reply, only the log file ofxretr.txt gets updated. The others retain their earlier content from the last successful download. I have sent you both successful and unsuccessful logs to <deleted by moderator>.

Another hint at what might be going on: I haven’t had any problem downloading from my Fidelity Net Benefits account, only the other ones.

Gerry
sollner

Postby Mark » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:13 am

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for the log files. Did you get the message about missing ACCTINFORS in those 2 bad one's you sent, or was it a different error message? I see the ACCTINFORS in those logs, so do not understand why you would be getting that message.

If you look at the transaction retrieve dialog box when this error message comes up, what does the status text say? Does it start with "Account Info", or "Transactions"?

Can you verify what version of Fund Manager and what transaction module number you are using?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sollner » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Did you get the message about missing ACCTINFORS in those 2 bad one's you sent, or was it a different error message? I see the ACCTINFORS in those logs, so do not understand why you would be getting that message.

Yes, these two files were written on two occasions when I got the missing ACCTINFORS message. Because it has been so intermittent, and Fidelity says all is well on their end, I suspect something about FM is not always working as it should.
If you look at the transaction retrieve dialog box when this error message comes up, what does the status text say? Does it start with "Account Info", or "Transactions"?

Not sure about this. The problem is not happening at the moment. I'll let you know when it happens again.

I am using Personal Version 11.9, Quote Module 429, and Transaction Module 158.
sollner

Postby sollner » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Now the error messages are occurring for all accounts except NetBenefits. The box says Transactions, not account info.

Hope this helps.
Gerry
sollner

Postby Mark » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi Gerry,

Why don't you call the office on Monday (480-705-0129) and we can try to debug it over the phone with a web meeting.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sollner » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi Mark,
Sorry, I didn't see your latest email till 7PM eastern today (Monday). I'll give you a ring tomorrow. I'm assuming any time after 9AM your time would be a possibility? Early is better for me.
Cheers,
Gerry
sollner

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi Gerry,

Yes, anytime after 9am PST is fine. Talk to you tomorrow.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sollner » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:07 am

Oh, I hadn't realized that AZ didn't believe in DST. Given the 3-hr. time difference and some appointments on my end, I'll give you a ring toward the end of your day. Hope that works.
Gerry
sollner

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:10 am

Hi Gerry,

That is fine, talk to you then.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sollner » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Mark,
My intermittent problem cannot, at the moment, be cajoled into repeating its problematic behavior. I'll get in touch if and when it decides to be more cooperative.

I do appreciate the support I get here at FM.
Cheers,
Gerry
sollner

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi Gerry,

Glad it is working okay now. Let me know if the problem comes back.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General