Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

handling put & call options

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby osprey48 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:42 am

This forum search doesn't allow me to search for "options". My question: do I need to enter transactions just like those for regular stocks? I'm aware that I can specify the investment type as "option" and the asset type as "put option" or "call option". What do I enter as a symbol, or can't Fund Manager look up prices for options. Any advice from investors using Fund Manager to track options would be appreciated.
osprey48

Postby Mark » Mon May 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi osprey48,

Yes, you record transactions just like you would for regular stocks. We have some specific tips here:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq_options.php

You can retrieve quotes either by retrieving transactions from your broker, or by retrieving prices from a quote server like Yahoo. On Yahoo you can find the ticker symbol by looking up the underlying stock, and then click on the "Options" link on the left to find the option you need.

You can also search this whole site by going to the "Search" link on the bottom of any page in the brown banner. That is a google search, instead of using this forum software's search feature.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General