Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Request brokerage feedback for FM integration

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby tommcg » Tue May 08, 2012 10:31 am

This question is directed at other FM users. I'm shopping for a new brokerage and want one that integrates well with FM, meaning seamless OFX direct transaction retrieve at the least.

There are always quirks to FM transaction import with my old brokerage, such as multiple dividends paid on same day clumped together into single cash account credit on the following day (impossible for FM to match up), and some account fees show up twice in FM import because they charge the fee one day and take the money out the next day. These quirks require me to carefully review every single transaction import line item.

I hold mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, over different several accounts, don't do a lot of trades, but I always specify individual lots, even on mutual fund trades.

I've tried Etrade several years ago but wasn't impressed with their customer service or online platform. Scottrade looks interesting, as well as OptionsXpress, OptionsHouse, maybe even TD Ameritrade or Vanguard. Any specific feedback about these brokerages (good or bad) and how well they integrate with FM would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
tommcg

Return to General