Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Move/Migrate FM options

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby fiscalis » Sun May 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi Mark,

I had to replace my hard drive but I have access to the old drive as an external drive. As I understand it, FM stores options and other settings within the Windows registry. I'm on Windows 7 Pro and I'm wondering if there is a way to copy the FM registry settings from my old registry vi an external USB connection and then import them into my current operating Windows PC?

Thanks in advance!

Bill
fiscalis

Postby Mark » Mon May 07, 2012 8:10 am

Hi Bill,

I'm guessing this is possible, but I'm not sure how to do it. The only way I know to access the registry is through regedit. I'm not sure how/where this information is stored on the HD for direct access. You might be able to research it online.

The other possibility is if you have some automatic backups stored on your old HD, you can restore the registry information out of those *.FMB backup files. Just use "File / Restore..." from within Fund Manager. If you only want to restore the registry preferences, select those in the list, and choose the restore option to restore selected items only.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby fiscalis » Mon May 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Restoring the global options from the registry via the FM restore utility worked like a champ!

THANKS!
fiscalis

Return to General