Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Disappearing Portfolio Editor

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby johnreid » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:21 pm

I have transferred my FM files to the cloud. Under the new file location, I am able to load two of my three separate accounts into the Portfolio Editor. However, the third one I can apparently load into FM but I get no investments showing up; the Portfolio Editor is blank. Checking under Windows, it shows that the Portfolio Editor is active. The other two accounts come up with no problem.

I can bring up the missing files from its old location on my hard drive but not from the new one in the cloud. I have checked all of the settings I can think of and when I hit Edit > Options it tells me that there are so many files associated with that account, but I am unable to access them.

johnreid
johnreid

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi johnreid,

I didn't quite follow the problem? Are you not able to see the Portfolio Editor window, or do you see the window, but there is nothing showing in the window? You should always see at least one sub-portfolio on the left hand side of the Portfolio Editor window. If you can't see the window at all, try using "Window / Tile" to tile the windows within the main top level Fund Manager window.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby johnreid » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:01 pm

What happens is that the Portfolio Editor does not appear at all. What I get is a greyed out screen. When I check to see if the Portfolio Editor is enabled, the check mark is there. I can remove the checkmark and the screen remains the same, although the tool bar shrinks. So the problem is the non-appearance of the portfolio editor. Now, there are two other report files for that report and they both come up.

I have recently upgraded to the current version of FM, and I don't know if that may be part of the problem although I doubt that since the other accounts come up with no problems.

johnreid
johnreid

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi johnreid,

Which checkmark are you referring to? If you see the Portfolio Editor listed under the top level "Window" menu, but don't see the window, use "Window / Cascade" or "Window / Tile Down". That should bring the Portfolio Editor window back to where you can see it. If you are seeing it under the Window menu, then it is open, but it may be off your screen for some reason. Using the "Window / Cascade" menu will cascade all your open windows, so you can see it again.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby johnreid » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:27 am

Magic!!!!!!

Thanks,

johnreid
johnreid

Return to General