Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

retrieval error

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby mwb.edd » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:19 pm

The message was:
post http send request
WinInet error code 12057
failed to retrieve

What is the nature of this failure?
mwb.edd

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi mwb.edd,

Are you retrieving transactions or prices? This is an unusual error, and it seems related to a security certificate. I'm guessing you were retrieving transactions? Which broker are you trying to retrieve from? Do you get this error repeatedly if you try to retrieve again?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby mwb.edd » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:48 pm

The error occurred when trying for an initial retrieval from Scottrade of Transactions &c.

Yes, the error repeated.
mwb.edd

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:15 pm

Hi mwb.edd,

It appears your computer believes the Scottrade OFX server's security certificate has been revoked. If you select a different broker and attempt the retrieve with some test username/password (expecting that you will get a signon invalid message) do you still get this 12057 error, or do you get the signon invalid error message? For example, try the "TD Ameritrade" OFX server.

I just tested retrieving from Scottrade's OFX server, and it is working okay from here. Your computer may have an outdated list of revoked certificates. I believe this was a temporary problem recently with Scottrade. I would suggest making sure your computer (including Internet Explorer) have received all the updates from Microsoft. Use "Windows Update" to check this.

To check and see if this problem is from a revoked certificate you can go into "Internet Options" from within Internet Explorer, and on the "Advanced" tab, turn off "Security / Check for server certificate revocation*". You will need to re-start your computer, and then try the transaction retrieve again. Do you get the error message again? I wouldn't suggest leaving this option off permanently, but just turn it off temporarily to isolate if this is the cause of the problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby mwb.edd » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:51 pm

:D Thank you for your help.

As it turned out, Scottrade worked today. :D
mwb.edd

Return to General