Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

What's next?

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby data8504 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Hey there, Mark -

I'm a FM personal customer, and I make extensive use of the software (and definitely recommend it to lots of people). I'm curious what the roadmap for development looks like - any defined "Coming Soon" features for 9.0 or beyond?

A UI cleanup, perhaps? ;)

-Matt
data8504

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:26 pm

Hi Matt,

Yes, version 9.0 is in the works. I can't say when it will be released for sure, but probably sometime in early summer. The new feature list will only be available once 9.0 is officially announced. If you have any specific ideas for improvements (like anything in the UI you'd like to see changed), please let us know.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby WhiteFox » Wed May 21, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi,

I find myself constantly switching back and forth between different investments in the same account to keep track of recent trading activities.

I'd like to propose the idea that the Data Register concept be expanded to represent all investment activity within a particular (sub)portfolio. You can probably guess that I was a Captool user and through that experience I learned that 90% of my time was spent in the "transaction register". It could be made full screen, and contained all records (or selected records) for a particular transaction - displayed horizontally. In other words a customizable transaction spreadsheet.

Since the more global transaction register could be filtered on various fields, it could easily display the data now available in the individual "data register" windows. Thus, a change to a more global data register idea would add greatly to ease of use while at the same time retaining its earlier ability to display data on one investment alone.

Thank You!
WhiteFox
WhiteFox

Postby Mark » Wed May 21, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi WhiteFox,

Thanks much for the feedback/idea. I agree the Data Register should be improved, as it is a place you spend a lot of time. Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby k_kirk » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:05 am

Mark,

Following on this thread rather than creating a new one. When can we expect to get a glimpse of the v9.0? It would be great to get our hands on it asap. Especially the multi-currency issue is hurting me badly.

Regards & Thanks
k_kirk

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:31 am

Hi k_kirk,

FM 9.0 is still in progress. As usual, it is taking longer than expected... A beta version should be available towards the end of summer.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby k_kirk » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your kind update. I hope to see this update sooner than later for predominantly the currency support. Best of luck with all the hard work ahead of you. I know its not easy. Please know that we all appreciate it.

Regards,
Kerem
k_kirk

Return to General