Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Nordic OMX exchange quotes?

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby dnaumov » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi

Are there any plans to add some way to automatically retrieve quotes/prices for instruments listed on the Nordic OMX exchanges, specifically Finland, Sweden, Norway and Denmark?

Thanks.
dnaumov

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:03 am

Hi dnaumov,

We can consider this, but the first step would be to verify that these quotes aren't already available on some other server. For example Bloomberg and Yahoo offer many international quotes. Have you tried looking up your quotes on these servers to see if they are available? For links to all the servers, see:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/intrtv.html

If they aren't available on any of our current servers, please let us know if you have a suggestion for what server does offer the missing quotes.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dnaumov » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Took me a while to figure out that I need to setup quote/price servers on a per-investment basis so that it would work with my porfolio. I have managed to find all the nordic stocks I was missing the prices for on Yahoo.

I am a bit baffled again though :) I've managed to retrieve historical prices going back about 5 months for most of the stocks I own. However, in the case of 1 of them I forgot to move the starting date back, so it retrieved the history of the past 2 days only for this particular stock. Now, no matter how many times I try picking "Retrieve Selected Historical Prices", it doesn't actually even ask me for the time period I want the data for. For any of my stocks. How do I force it to so I can obtain price data for a period going father back than what I had initially picked for the first price grab?
dnaumov

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Hi dnaumov,

It sounds like you have a non-historical server assigned in the historical server slot for this investment. Look at the "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve" tab, and see what server you have selected under "Historical Quote Server". If you have a non historical server, like Yahoo you won't get prompted for the date range. Make sure you have a historical server selected, like "Yahoo (Historical)". If you have "<Default Server>" selected here, then look under "Options / Internet Settings..." and make sure you have a historical server selected under "Default Historical Quote Server".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dnaumov » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi Mark and thanks a lot for your help, you were of course, correct. I fixed the historical servers on a per-investment basis, did a retrieve and everything is now showing up correctly. FYI, Yahoo (Historical) was able to find price histories for the stocks I own that are listed on the OMX Nordic exchanges just fine :P

I am throughly impressed by your piece of software, to put it bluntly it beats the crap out of Quicken and all the other software packages I've tried in the past. I was also positively surprised by the speed and accuracy of your replies on this forum. So you have convinced me, sometime next month after I get my next paycheck I am going to be ordering a Personal license and become a paying customer. Keep up the good work!
dnaumov

Return to General