Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

report order

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Normnip » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:59 pm

My custom report comes out sorted in no apparent order and I cannot figure out how to put it in an alphabetical order by investment name or symbol. This is making it difficult for me to quickly find the investment I'm looking for in the report.
Normnip

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi Normnip,

The default sort order for a new report listed by investment is the investment stack order. You can order this global investment stack however you want. You can also order the investment stack alphabetically by name if you use "Investments / Sort By / Name".

You can also choose to sort your report by something else by just selecting it from the top level "Sort" menu. By default, you will see "Sort / Investment Stack" checked, but you can select any other column to sort by.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Normnip » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:50 am

Where is this Sort menu? I cannot find anywhere, inside or outside of the report, the terms Investment Stack or Sort By.
Normnip

Postby aviator » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:25 am

Hi Normnip,

The sort menu is found within the report. Run a report on your screen, the look at the very top of the screen, which is where you will see File Edit View Graphs Reports Options Sort Investments Window Help. Click on Sort and you will see which fields (columns) you can sort on.
aviator

Return to General