Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Problem setting investment properties

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Ivan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Mark,

I have run across what I would call a small bug in the dialog to set properties. If I select multiple investments by selecting one and shift-clicking another, right click on the selected group and pick "Properties" and then "Other," and then change the "Hidden" attribute, only the first investment is changed. I haven't checked to see if other settings have the same issue, but you might want to put this on the fix list.

Thanks,
Ivan
Ivan

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi Ivan,

This is not a supported feature. You cannot edit the properties of multiple selected investments at the same time. If you notice the Investment Properties dialog that comes up will shown the name/symbol at the top of the dialog. You are only editing the properties of that one investment.

In the Advisor version, you can edit properties for all investments with the same symbol at once.

If you are trying to hide all your sold positions, you may prefer to use "File / File Operations / Hide Sold Investments...".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General