Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

conslidating

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Chandeleur » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Mark,
In a household with two accounts, each account owns the same securities. I'd like to be able to view this household and instead of seeing two positions for the same security, see the total for that security. Is this possible?

For instance...
One portfolio has 250 shares of ARR, and another portfolio has 160 shares of ARR. The Portfolio Value for that household shows twice as many positions as I'd like. Is there a way to consolidate this?

Also, this really goes for my master portfolio in general. I'd like to be able to see how much of a specific security makes up of my total assets under management, but instead, what I see is a lot of seperate listings for the same security.

Thanks,
Bryan
Chandeleur

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi Bryan,

Yes, you can do this. In the "Report Settings" dialog, change the "List By" option from "Investment" to "Symbol". This way, you'll just get one line item for each unique symbol. All investments with the same symbol will be consolidated into a single line item.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Chandeleur » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:02 am

Thank you, Mark.
Chandeleur

Return to General