Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Deleting Portfolios

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby johnreid » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:08 pm

I have recently consolidated my accounts, and I would like to delete two sub-portfolios. I have tried to select the portfolio I wish to delete and then hit the CLOSE PORTFOLIO command under FILE. That collapses the whole portfioio and it disappears. It can be revived by going to FILE and clicking on it at the bottom. But when it re-appears in all its glory, the offending sub-portfolio is still there.

Am I missing something here? What is the proper method to rid myself of the portfolios I no longer need? Else, I have to then restructure the whole system, and I do not look forward to that!

Thanks,

johnreid
johnreid

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi johnreid,

Use the Portfolio Editor window, and select the sub-portfolio you want to close. Select the menu command "Edit / Close".

The "File / Close Portfolio" command closes your whole *.mm4 portfolio, not an individual sub-portfolio.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby johnreid » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Thanks for the information. That is certainly more elegant than the one I happened on. I selected the portfolio I wanted to eliminate and simple his the big X on the task bar, and away it went.

John Reid
johnreid

Return to General