Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Access is denied

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Good_Vibe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:01 pm

Following a hard disk crash, I re-installed Windows XP-Professional. After restoring all data files (thankfully backed up before the crash), I purchased Fund Manager V11. Prior to that, I was running V10.9.

The portfolios open OK, and I've been able to update the price information since the crash. Unfortunately, when I attempt to save or close the portfolio, I'm getting "Access is Denied".

By the way, I entered the serial number and License Key after downloading V11 (but before attempting to access portfolio).

Help!!!! The fact that the data is in my E drive (was logical drive D before the crash) shouldn't make a difference. Also, the portfolios are located fairly low in a complex directory structure.

Really need help to get going. Tried calling your office but got only voice message.

Sincerely,
Phil
Good_Vibe

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi Phil,

Just to complete this thread... I just called you on the phone, and helped fix the problem, which was that your data files were marked as read-only. If you have any further problems please let me know.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Good_Vibe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Mark:

Thanks so much for your swift and accurate support. Simply superb.

Sincerely,
Phil
Good_Vibe

Return to General