Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Managing OOP

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby Gally » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:32 pm

I use this method to manage transfer of OOP between different funcds in a portfolio. I do this on a manual basis because your fifo methos create multiple transaction the new investments which my fund manager does not. I only get one transfer transaction. Therfore I do this manually.

However For investments that are closed I cannot find an easy way to report or show the OOP for the investment as once its closed this value is on longer available.

Is it possible to create a report or see just the net difference of purchases +/- investments and distributions for a closed fund in order to work out an OOP that I can use for new investments.

I seem to have problems reconciling the current OOP as reported in Fundmanager in my off line undertsnaing of what I have invested, received as dividends, reinvested and any account fees as transfers take place into new investments.

Can you please give me some advice of how best to do this.

Many thanks
RGDS Gally
Gally

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:50 am

Hi Gally,

You could just look at the OOP cost before recording your closing transfer or sell. If you don't own any shares, OOP is not meaningful, so will report N/A. If you've already recorded the closing transfer out, you can edit the transfer out, and it will show you the OOP cost for the transferred out shares. If you sold, instead of transferred out, you could run a Custom report for the day before you sold, and include the field:

Out of pocket basis (current)

This field shows you the OOP basis for all shares owned on the ending report date.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General