Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Import info from J.P. Morgan Clearing

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby eolavarri » Thu May 26, 2011 11:00 am

I'm a small Broker Dealer that uses J.P. Morgan as clearing firm, I'm using your system (Work great by the way) but I would like to start importing info automatically.

Any advice :?:

Thank You

Emilio Olavarri
eolavarri

Postby Mark » Thu May 26, 2011 11:05 am

Hi Emilio,

Do you have an institutional account with J.P. Morgan? We don't have an institutional interface defined for them (only the retail OFX interface, which requires you to know usernames and passwords for each account), but they may make available some standard transaction/position files that you can import. I would start by contacting them, and asking what options they have available for downloading your transactions and positions. Once you know the available file formats I may be able to help more.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby eolavarri » Thu May 26, 2011 11:35 am

Hi Mark: Thank you for your fast response

I could send you the activity report that can be downloaded for every client, so you could have a look

Thank You
eolavarri

Postby Mark » Thu May 26, 2011 11:41 am

Hi Emilio,

Okay, I've just sent you an email, so you can reply to that and attach a sample. Do they have more than one file format available? A "report" may not be good for importing. Hopefully they have some transaction history file that you can download in a standardized format.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Fri May 27, 2011 8:16 am

Hi Emilio,

That file is a CSV formatted file, which you can import with "File / Import / Transactions / Generic...". You would have to slightly massage the file before importing. You mentioned in your email you can customize the fields exported, so you may want to go into this dialog, and press the "Help..." button and read the instructions for the generic import. You wouldn't need all of those fields, and you would need to re-map the transaction code field. You could create yourself a spreadsheet to do this automatically, where you paste your CSV file onto 1 sheet, and a 2nd sheet maps the transaction codes into the ones used by Fund Manager.

The generic import is powerful and flexible, but also requires the most work to get set up. If your broker offers any other sort of standardized file, like an OFX file, you may prefer to use that, as you wouldn't need to do any work before importing.

If you want to try the generic import, and need help on any of the details, please let me know. I would suggest starting by reading the online help topic for that feature by pressing the "Help..." button in the generic transaction import dialog.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General