Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Two problems I'm having...

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby chancee » Tue May 17, 2011 5:15 pm

First, as of yesterday, when I click on an asset allocation in the main pie chart, I'm getting no response. Fund Manager will only show me the breakdown of my CASH asset allocation. When I click on fixed income, equties, etc. - nothing.

Second, when I download my distributions for my mutual funds from my brokerage (Think or Swim), Fund Manager gives me a duplicate distribution event. Whether the dividend is re-invested or just goes in as cash, it's always listed twice. I have to go back after downloading transactions and always delete the duplicate distributions. Thanks in advance, Chance.
chancee

Postby Mark » Tue May 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi chancee,

Are you looking at a Pie Chart / Asset Allocation? Are you using version 11.2? When you click on any slice of the pie chart you should get a Portfolio Value report, filtered by that asset type. It seems to be working here. If you still cannot get this to show a report window, maybe you can email me a backup of your data, so I can try to reproduce the problem here.

How are you importing from Think or Swim? Are you downloading some file? What format? If you look in the file, do you see only a single distribution, or does it show it listed twice? Maybe you can send me this file, with your backup, along with instructions on how to reproduce this problem as well.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby chancee » Sun May 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Mark... I figured out what was wrong with the first problem. Yes, I was looking at the pie chart/asset allocation. The problem was that when the actual asset allocations in text to the RIGHT of the pie chart are accidentally scrolled out of the frame, then clicking on the asset allocations in the pie chart doesn't provide an accurate Portfolio Value report.

For the second issue which I'm still having, I am importing an OFX file that I have downloaded to my computer from the brokerage(Think or Swim). With each distribution I seem to get three events listed. The re-investment of the dividend shows twice, and then the actual cash dividend going into my cash account. I have to go back and delete the dividend that goes into my cash account and one of the re-invested dividends.

I'll send you one of my imported files where you should be able to see this. And there are no real instructions on how duplicate this. Just open the file and you'll see what I'm talking about. Where do I send the file? Thanks.
chancee

Postby Mark » Mon May 23, 2011 9:24 am

Hi chancee,

I've just sent you an email, so you can reply to that with your OFX file, and I'll take a look.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General