Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

T Rowe Price OFX Data Downloads

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby SDS » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:28 pm

Mark,

I've got several clients who have 401Ks through T Rowe Price and I am not able to download their monthly statement data.

According to TRP's phone support, the only software product they support for these data downloads is Quicken.

One would think that the software product itself would be irrelevant so long as that software supported the transmission of OFX. Is there any way this problem can be circumvented successfully with FM?

Thanks.
SDS

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi SDS,

You're right that the OFX interface is standard, so theoretically any program could access the OFX server, but you must know the server address, and an acceptable "Application ID".

Fund Manager works identically to MS Money, so if they support MS Money you can also use Fund Manager.

Fund Manager does support both "T. Rowe Price" and "T. Rowe Price - Brokerage".

It may be though that these 401K accounts are not available on either one of these 2 OFX servers, and are located on another OFX server. Did you specifically ask TRP if you can use MS Money?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby SDS » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:50 pm

Thank you for your response. Their Website explicitly states that they do not support MS Money. But if OFX is supported, I guess I don't understand why I cannot ultimately get access to the requisite data. Is there any way that a workaround can be establish through FM software?
SDS

Postby Mark » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:27 am

Hi SDS,

If they don't support MS Money, unfortunately FM won't be able to retrieve either. I'm not sure how/why they're doing this. Maybe they are not using a standard OFX server... As a customer of theirs, you might ask why they don't support MS Money.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General