Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

% change indication in Portfolio Editor

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby fundman247 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:03 am

Hi Mark,
Please indicate if there is no way to prevent the daily change % to go to 0 after midnight.

I do some work after midnight after downloading on the western side of the globe and find prices are only available after midnight. The reset of prices to 0 are using one's own PC's time.

Would it not be possible to have the % displayed as for the last day with a price and only change when a newer price is available. That way the last price updated daily change would be shown.

Please comment if this would create another problem that I haven't thought about.

Regards.
Don't stay in bed....unless you can make money in bed - George Burns
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

Remeber and practise it!!!!!!
fundman247

Postby Mark » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:27 am

Hi fundman247,

We can give this some thought. If we change this one field, others would need to change too, to be consistent. As it is now, everything is specified as of the current computer's date. For more flexibility now you can create a report, and set any desired end date you want.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby fundman247 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:26 am

Thanks for the reply. I did not think of all the dates being were from the PC.

Just a thought on a minor problem I have with the resetting after midnight :lol:
Don't stay in bed....unless you can make money in bed - George Burns
However beautiful the strategy, you should occcasionally look at the results - Winston Churchill

Remeber and practise it!!!!!!
fundman247

Postby Glenn2 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:44 pm

I too am having this problem. It is early morning now and I want to know what the %movement in a stock was yesterday and there is nothing to show this that I can see.
Glenn2

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi Glenn2,

If you want to see the %movement for yesterday, you'd have to create a Custom report, and add the "Percent change in value from previous" field to the report. Set the end date to yesterday. If this is a common item you want to see, you can memorize this report, or save it as part of your portfolio, so it automatically opens when you open Fund Manager.

All fields in the Portfolio Editor are always reported as of your computer's current date.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Djobydjoba » Sun May 15, 2011 9:28 am

fundman247 wrote:Would it not be possible to have the % displayed as for the last day with a price and only change when a newer price is available. That way the last price updated daily change would be shown.

Support + to have this behavior for the %Change Field of the Portfolio Editor !

Thx.
Djoby
Djobydjoba

Return to General