Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Cash Account Missing and How can I move a file location

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby fmtg01 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Just finished hand entering a portfolio and had a problem; I couldn't find an automatically established cash account to add my cash balance to. (Default cash account set to none) Perhaps that default explains my problem (not sure I understand what none means in this context) but I then decided to download a couple days of transactions as I assumed that a downloaded cash dividend would automatically cause a cash account to be established --still no luck.
A separate question also - I also noted that when I moved my file locations a while ago , I did not reset the default option fo where to establish new investments so all the investments I entered are in the wrong physical file location. Can you give me any ideas as to how to proceed. Appreciate any help. Thanks
fmtg01

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Hi fmtg01,

If you do not have a cash account assigned, any money used/generated basically goes into/out of the whole portfolio. For an already established sub-portfolio you would need to create a new investment to track your cash. Just use "File / New Investment...". Cash investments have the price kept at 1, and the shares equal to the value. After you create the investment, assign it as your default cash account in the sub-portfolio's properties dialog.

To move an investment's location, use the Portfolio Editor window. Select the investment, and choose "File / Save Investment As..." and browse to the correct location where you want it saved. To help you, use "View / List Columns..." and turn on the "Location" field so you can quickly see where everything is being saved.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby fmtg01 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:42 pm

Have followed your directions and all is now well :-) :)
fmtg01

Return to General