Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Adding investments

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby drkaveh » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:16 am

Is there a way to once you add an investment to a subportfolio within a portfolio for that investment to automatically appear in all other portfolios with that same subportfolio?
As it is now one has to add that investment over and over to all portfolios containing the same subportfolio.
Thanks!
Kaveh
drkaveh

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:36 am

Hi Kaveh,

What do you mean by the 'same sub-portfolio' in 'all portfolios'? A portfolio file (*.mm4) can contain any number of sub-portfolios. A sub-portfolio automatically contains everything beneath it in the sub-portfolio hierarchy. If you are using multiple portfolio files (*.mm4) the sub-portfolio hierarchy is separate/independent between each portfolio file. Generally, you would only need/use one portfolio file, and put all your accounts into sub-portfolios within that one portfolio file.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby drkaveh » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Thank you Mark!
I actually have several portfolios that contain some of the same subportfolios, but not others. I wondered why fundmanager does not "update" a subportfolio when it has been changed as part of some other "main portfolio", when that subportfolio exists under another "main portfolio". Do I make sense?
Thanks!
Kaveh
drkaveh

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:15 pm

Hi Kaveh,

Sub-portfolios in different portfolio files are not connected in any way, they are completely independent. This is why it is nice to use a single portfolio file, and put all your subs into there.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General