Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Fund Manager and new Wells Fargo Advisors

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby sgosin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:04 pm

Can someone tell me what the actual web site log in is for Wells Fargo Advisor selection for my broker. It should be "https://www.wellsfargoadvisors.com/online-access/signon.htm"

So far I have been unable to retrieve my investment info in FM since the transition this weekend althought I can log into the site and view everything. Any Ideas??
sgosin

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi sgosin,

I'm not sure I know the information you're asking...

1) Are you retrieving using the "Wells Fargo Advisor" selection in Fund Manager?
2) Do you get some error message when you attempt to retrieve transactions?
3) Were you able to retrieve okay before this weekend?
4) Which "transition" are you referring to?

In general, you should check with your broker for instructions, on what username/password to use. They will usually provide instructions for retrieving into Quicken or MS Money. You want to just use the same information for retrieving with Fund Manager. It isn't always the case that you use the same login information for their web site, as you do for retrieving transactions. Sometimes you need to "enable" this feature on your account, and sometimes they'll provide you with a different username/password to use. It just depends on the broker.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sgosin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:13 pm

This weekend Wells Fargo transitioned all its users who had been working via AG Edwards or Wachovia to a Wells Fargo Login directly to their site. At the same time, downloads to FM that had been working with AG Edwards or Wachovia logins stopped working. I updated my Wells Fargo account and can now get into the web site and see all my investments but the Wells Fargo Advisor selection for downloads of Data in Fund Manager give me an "User ID Not Valid" message in FM and I cannot get it to work. So far IT support from Wells Fargo had not been able to solve.
I was told to use the same user ID in "Quicken" that I use for Internet access to the Wells Fargo site and the same password as well. No luck so far!
sgosin

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:19 pm

Hi sgosin,

I see, thanks for the update. I wasn't aware of that. Did they give you a brokerage name in Quicken you are supposed to select?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sgosin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Mark,

Yes. I was working with a person from Wells Fargo IT tonight and they said the download identification in Quicken was listed as "Wells Fargo Advisors" (plural and NOT ADVISOR (Singular) The IT person with Wells Fargo thought they were probably two different URLs. He said he would try to reach out to a Fund Manager Representative tomorrow. It is possible that your current retrieve module is not sending FM to the right URL to Log in, hence "SIGNON INVALID" message comes up. My other two brokerage firms still work fine for transaction downloads bur once again Wells Fargo Advisor does not.
sgosin

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi sgosin,

Thanks for the info. I looked into this in more detail, and Fund Manager was using the URL that MS Money used to access. This is different than the URL accessed by Quicken for this broker. I've just updated the transaction module to use the Quicken URL for the "Wells Fargo Advisor" broker. Please download the update (140) using "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." and see if that doesn't correct the problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sgosin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:30 pm

Thanks Mark. My downloads now work perfectly in Wells Fargo Advisors. Module 140 took care of the problem. I'll let Tech support from Wells Fargo know tomorrow. Would it be a reasonable idea to retitle the name "Wells Fargo Advisor" for transaction downloads in the Dropdown selection box to "Wells Fargo Advisors" since that is their current correct name?

Steve Gosin
sgosin

Postby Mark » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:06 am

Hi sgosin,

Thanks for the information, glad that worked. Yes, it probably would be good to change the name.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General