Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Cash account in duplicate portfolio not updating...

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby chancee » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:03 pm

This is sort of confusing, but I keep two portfolios in Fund Manager for my one portfolio. A main one, and a duplicate... each having different asset allocation settings for comparison purposes.

I initially set this up by just making a copy of the Fund Manager folder in My documents, and naming it Fund Manager 2. Then I renamed the actual portfolio in Fund Manager 2 something different.

To update each portfolio, I generally open one portfolio, update transactions, etc. then save, and close. After that, I open the other portfolio and repeat the process.

The problem I'm having is that my Scottrade account in the 2nd portfolio won't update when I try to retrieve the latest transactions. The Scottrade account in the main portfolio has been downloading the dividends, etc. for the past two months fine. But the Scottrade account in the 2nd portfolio has updated nothing. And when I go to reconcile, it shows my statement as zero...?

So obviously this is throwing the totals off on the entire portfolio when compared to the other. Any ideas what may be happening? Thanks.
chancee

Postby chancee » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:08 pm

My securities in the Scottrade account are updating fine. It's just the cash account that won't download the interest/dividends.
chancee

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi chancee,

Do you have your default cash account assigned? See the properties of your sub-portfolio. Also, when you retrieve transactions, make sure you leave on the option to automatically record corresponding entries in default cash account.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General