Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

some feature request for 11 version

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby mkappa74 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 am

I like very much FM, and I'm using it for monitoring my investment.

Here some ideas to improve usability and functionality:

- when pasting a transaction (via copy/past) I'd like to have, in addition to existing option, tha possibility (I can choose Y/N) of add a "PASTED" text (or something similar) at the end of memo field, so that I can immediately recognize the last pasted transaction;

- in investment properties, I'd like to have one or more url field so that I can immediately jump to corresponding internet pages about investment (i.e.: morningstar page for funds)

- a new type of purchase: the "recurrent" purchase so that I can more easily register periodical investment in a semi-automated way, without entering every transaction one by one. It would be very useful for recurrent (monthly) investment in funds or retirement funds.

Alternatively, and much more simple, you can think to a function (in addition to copy/paste) that duplicates the selected transaction, and open the dialog box with "old" data so that I can re-edit them. This could be more useful that actual copy/paste;

- Instead of 100 field for inv. goal and assett allocation, I'd like to have one more category: something like "Composition" category (but everyone could customize it) where I can register, for example, geographical composition of investement of mutual funds or other data ... Obviously, I'm interested in reports too.

Thanks.
mkappa74

Postby mkappa74 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:34 am

I was forgetting: a feature to "update" in cash account all data related to an investment. For example: if I change investment name, I'd like that in cash account data would be correclty updated.
mkappa74

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi mkappa74,

Thanks for all the ideas/feedback. This does help. For the URL feature, we do have a feature called "Web News", where you can customize the URL. To customize the URL, go to "Options / General Preferences... / Menu / Web News URL...".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby mkappa74 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Yes I know "Web News" function, but it's not what I'm referring to. It works "globally", I'm thinking about an url (or more) that I can add/refere to any specific investment.

More ... imagine you can have your funds details and having a new tab in properties that can shows, for example, morningstar widget ... not bad!!!

Another request/idea: export report to html ....
mkappa74

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi mkappa74,

Very good, thanks for the ideas.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General