Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Failed to Open

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby csharin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:39 am

Hi Mark,

When I exit FM, I get the error message: Failed to open c:\Program Files\Fund Manager\Total_1.fmb. Total is the name of my portfolio.

c:\Program Files\Fund Manger is empty. I have content in C:\Program Files (x86)\Fund Manager. But there is no total.fmb file there.

I have been ignoring this message for some time. Is this a problem? How should I correct?

Thanks//Cliff
csharin

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:25 am

Hi Cliff,

This is a message saying your automatic backup is failing. The reason is your path to the backup folder is invalid. Please go to "Options / General Preferences... / Data", and where it asks for the automatic backup folder, click the "Browse..." button, and go select a good folder, like "My Documents \ Fund Manager \ Autoback".

This problem probably arose because you restored settings from another computer, where that used to be a valid path, but is no longer. This is a somewhat common problem. In the next major update we have improved this, so it does not restore that option unless the directory exists.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby csharin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:44 am

Thanks.
csharin

Return to General