Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Backup Problem

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby RoyS » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:01 am

I am trying to backup up for the first time using File > Backup and instead of an option to define a backup location, I get the message 'The system cannot find the path specified' followed by 'Portfolio Autosave failed'. What am I doing wrong? FM 10.8 and Win7

I have Automatic Backup set up using Preferences > Data and that seems to work OK.

Thanks in advance - Roy
RoyS

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:08 am

Hi RoyS,

When you start a backup, FM first tries to save your currently open portfolio. It sounds like this is the problem. Somehow the path of your currently opened portfolio file can't be accessed by Fund Manager. If you look at the properties of any sub-portfolio you can see the filename and location of your current portfolio file. Maybe you have it opened from a read-only location, or some location that no longer exists? Do you get the same error if you do a "File / Save Portfolio"?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby RoyS » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:25 am

Mark - your reply is way too fast for me to notify you that the problem has resolved itself! I closed FM - got an error message (not to worry - I had been messing around) - reopened and everything now works OK.

Many thanks - Roy
RoyS

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Roy,

Excellent, I'll try to slow down next time... :)
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General