Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

view accounts in different currency values

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby manageruser » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:48 am

Hi:

I have asked before, is the next version going to allow the portfolio to be viewed in different currency values? For example, I would like to be able to see how much it is worth in dollars, pounds, francs, euros, etc..

If one made 10% in dollars, it might be a loss in euros. It would be helpful to be able to view that.

Thanks you.
manageruser

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi manageruser,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post, I somehow missed seeing it...

You can view your portfolio in different currencies now, but only in the 'assigned' currency, and also in the 'default' currency. The currency your investments/portfolios are displayed in is controlled by "View / Exchange Rate Adjusted".

I think you are essentially asking to be able to have multiple 'default' currencies, so you could view everything in different currencies. This is an interesting idea that I've not heard of before. This isn't a feature we plan on adding into 9.x, but we can still consider it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby manageruser » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:58 am

If you could put it into the next version, it would be great. International users really need this as an analysis tool. If there was a global "default" currency, it would not be important but there isn't so...
manageruser

Return to General