Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Getting started

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby geazx1 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:52 pm

I am just getting started with FM (BTW - running Crossover on a a Mac M2 and all seems fine so far). I couldn't find any posts on this but I think I know the answer but wanted to ask here. I have downloaded all my data from my brokerage(s). The downloads only go back so far so some of the "buys" (and "sells") of most of my currently owned investments are not downloaded. So when I look at certain graphs or reports I won't get accurate info. I assume to get everything "trued" up I would have to go get all non downloaded "buys" and "sells" of current assets/symbols I own and enter them manually. Would this be what I should do? Thanks for all assistance.
geazx1

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:49 am

Hello geazx1,

Yes, you are correct. You can either manually enter the older ones or maybe import them, if you have them in any sort of electronic format. If you prefer not to enter all the older transactions you could also just record one "adjustment" transaction. This transaction would be the sum of all prior buys/sells that aren't recorded, such that your current share balance is correct. This would normally be recorded for a date prior to all your actual transactions retrieved. When using the New Portfolio Wizard and retrieving "Transactions and Positions", this is how it is handled. If you do opt to go with the adjustment transaction, it should be understood that performance figures won't be accurate for time periods before this adjustment transaction.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby geazx1 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:07 am

Thank you for your response. One other item I could not find a hit for in the Board Index. When I choose the Calculator I keep getting a message that the Calc program is not in my path. Please recall I am running n Crossover on a Mac M2. Thanks for any help on this.
geazx1

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:26 pm

Hello geazx1,

The "Calculator..." command runs the executable: calc.exe Usually that is available on Windows, as it is the standard calculator that comes included in Windows. If you click on the "Start" menu in Windows, and type "run" and then in the "Run" window, enter "calc.exe", does it open okay? If not, you might not have the calculator installed in Windows, and thus it won't be available in FM either.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby geazx1 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:23 pm

Since I am using Crossover there is no version of Windows installed at all. So I would assume I just need to use the calculator I have on my Mac unless there is some other way to get Calc.exe installed inside Crossover that FM could see. Thanks.
geazx1

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:30 pm

Hi geazx1,

I don't have any advice to offer on how to do that within Crossover.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General