Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Incorrect calculating with a Sell of cash over $11,000

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby ThomasK » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:31 am

Hi Mark,

I'm doing a simple cash adjustment after transferring some cash out of a registered account.
Currency is CAD and I am using multicurrency.

What is happening is that the "shares" are not being calculated 1:1 if the amount transferred is over $11,000 (I stopped playing with it in the hopes that that number would make sense to you). Said differently, when I put in $12,000 and over the arithmetic changes!

I checked my settings, played around with other things BUT to no avail. I have not done this too often but it would appear to be a bug?

Question 1: What's the problem?
Question 2: Could I have messed something up switching between CAD and USD?

Thanks
Thomas
ThomasK

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:28 pm

Hi Thomas,

I'm not sure what the problem is. The algorithm doesn't change based on the amount. Maybe you can post or email me some screenshots, illustrating the problem?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ThomasK » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:04 am

Thanks Mark,

Indeed, it is a strange one. Let me triple check the Currency settings, just in case, and then if it is still having the behaviour I'll email you some screenshots.

Thomas
ThomasK

Postby ThomasK » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:58 pm

Hi Mark,

I resolved the issue with the cash balance AFTER I disregarded my attempted recording of the additional bank FX charges (those above and beyond the FX itself from CAD→USD) with showing those monstrous fees in "Commissions" (so that I could track those along with regular trade commissions). BUT that still leaves me with the itch to somehow track those additional bank FX fees so I'll just do it as a Distribution...I'll create a label for "Bank FX" but that means another column in the report to include.

But I did notice that the issue was also related to me looking at the OOP Current Basis as that total changes for Cash in an unexpected way to which I'll have to do some more reading.

Thomas
ThomasK

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:43 pm

Hi Thomas,

Okay, sounds like you made progress. If there's something you'd like me to look at, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General