Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Unable to remove/change Price Alert

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby John_Jacob_Smith » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:06 am

I noticed that I had set a previous price alert on one particular stock that still shows "Active" on the price alert screen. When I try to update the price or put in a different active date and click the "Activate" button, neither the price nor date updates. I looked in the help manual to make sure that I understand how alerts work and it seems pretty basic (from what I can see) where you can only have one alert at a time for a given stock. Unfortunately, the software doesn't seem to let me change an existing alert. Please let me know what I need to do to de-activate and add a new alert to a stock.

Thank you!
John_Jacob_Smith

Postby Mark » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:33 pm

Hi John_Jacob_Smith,

You can have as many alerts on an investment as you want. It isn't limited to 1. I suspect you are adding a new alert each time, instead of editing the existing alert. Use the Data Register, and set the "Data Type" to "Alerts" (bottom of the list). You can then see all your alerts, and if you want to edit one, do so from here.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby John_Jacob_Smith » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:16 am

Hi there! Thank you for the information! I didn't realize that the alerts were kept in the Data Register. That's definitely an ideal way to implement the alerts feature. I didn't see this in the help file but I will try to keep this in mind next time I want to manage alerts on an investment. My issue is now resolved.

Thank you again!
John_Jacob_Smith

Return to General