Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Missing Help Text.

General questions about using Fund Manager that do not fit into any other forum.

Postby aviator » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Hi Mark,

I run FM exclusively off the cloud. I tried to obtain more information on default cash accounts by clicking on Help and searching. The right side of the help screen remains blank no matter what I do. An example is attached.

The question I'm seeking an answer to is this: If no default cash account is assigned to an account, what happens to the cash on a sell transaction? Are there any obvious benefits to establishing a default cash account vs not? Thanks.
Attachments
MissingHelp.jpg
Right side of help screens always remains blank.
MissingHelp.jpg (198.8 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
aviator

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Hi aviator,

Accessing a .chm file across the internet can be problematic. There are various security patches put out by Microsoft that block this. If you access it from a local drive instead, you should be able to open the help file. If you do a Google search for "opening .chm file across a network" you will find quite a bit. There have been registry settings you could set to turn this back on, but I'm not sure if those still work. It is best to access it off a local drive, or access the online version on our website.

To answer your question... If you don't have a default cash account, nothing happens with the cash from a sell transaction. It is as though the money is removed from the portfolio. You will have only the sell transaction, and no corresponding deposit of cash anywhere else.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to General